Citrus propagation, another update

Hmmm.

I’m beginning to wonder if some of my cuttings are destined to do anything more than make a few roots.

So far, I only have 1 out of 7 that is shooting; the others are either trying to make flowers, or doing nothing at all.

The successful cutting:

citrus-cuttings-2-mid-september

Flowerbuds:

citrus-cuttings-mid-september

So I don’t know what to make of it, to be honest.

All the cuttings I took appeared to be the same age and at the same stage of development, and none of them were showing any signs of being about to flower, so how I’ve ended up with a bunch of flowerers and do-nothing-ers I have no idea.

Still, at least I do have one viable cutting, so that’s better than none! I won’t ditch the rest of them for the time being as I’m curious to see whether anything will come of them. I think maybe I”ll pot them all on in the next couple of days because there can’t be much goodness left in the rooting media by now.

The seedling is still slowly growing:

citrus-seedling-mid-september

It looks a bit washed out in that photo, but in real life it looks fine and healthy, so I’m very happy with that for the moment.

Advertisements

Posted on September 20, 2013, in Techniques and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: